The innovation lab at Austin High School provides enrichment opportunities for our students. Students can elect to work on an independent research project in our new think space lab. In addition to pursuing individual passion projects, students can also collaborate with their class and small groups.The new lab spaces boasts flexible learning furniture to meet the needs of any type of small group setting.
Focusing on 21st century learning skills and multimodal literacies students will engage in the following:
- Research methodology
- Professional communications & conduct
- Project management & evaluation
- Advocacy, both socially & academically
- Innovative questioning & critical thinking skills
- Field Trips
- Field experts visits on site, in person, and over Skype
- Build portfolio of work
- Explore interests and passions with community resources
- In May, the innovation lab will host a student showcase that allows students to share their independent learning project(s) and the “why” of their decisions and outcomes with members of our community, staff, and invited guests.
Can anyone come to iLab?